Sunday, February 21, 2010

Note to self

* spinning and hockey don't mix well.
I have been sitting here watching the USA v Canada Men's Hockey game. Some of my favorite players in the NHL are on the ice. So are some of the ones I love to hate. Familiar names with new numbers. I have to pay attention.
I am also sitting here spinning up my Gryphon Silk Merino Roving in Ravenwood. Lime green to forest, plum to eggplant, some deep blue. VERY pretty and shiny!
Now the problem. The more exciting the game, the faster my foot goes. Not too huge a problem. My foot tends to do that when I spin, but usually my hands keep up fairly well. Not during a game like this!!!! my hands are all but stopping. My foot speeds up. 2 minutes later there is a stop in play or a goal and I realize the yarn broke some time ago, my hands are holding a limp braid, and the end is lost somewhere on the bobbin. Again, not a huge deal, except that i'm spinning so fast that i'm near cobweb weight and, well, I really should just put the wheel away.

Back to the game.... period 3. YIPPEE!!


No comments: