Saturday, March 24, 2007

March

It has been all too long since I last blogged. Life always gets hectic this time of year.... and it's my knitting (and therefore my sanity) that suffers.

One of those pretty skeins i spun became these cabled wrist warmers......




I got as far as the elbow on my yellow sweater, and now we get the 80 degree weather! I've decided to finish the second sleeve and then put it on hold until August. All I'll have left is the yoke so I can wear it all fall. It is just too hot to think about sweaters.

Instead, I started a pretty pink tank top. Big Girl Knits--"Cherry Bomb"-- in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed color 21. It seems to be going pretty quickly. Perhaps I'll have it done in time to wear it!

Hmmmm, other knitting news......
Knit nights have been going well. They've been quite crowded. We have alot of fun new people which is always great!
And Madalene has been teaching elsewhere on Fridays..... and Cassie and her cute little ankle-biters have been watching the shop..... so i go to play. Yesterday, there was a delivery and I'll be damned if we weren't going to open up that box.
yes, it was a shipment of soysilk roving!! AND SOCK YARN!!!!!!!!
we dug straight in, openned it up and took what we wanted before we even got a price for it.....
Tofutsies. SuperwashWool, Soysilk, Cotton and Chitin.... 1 pair of socks per ball!


and as if the day couldn't get any better, they had also sent a sample skein for Madalene....... and we started knitting it up for her (she walked in half way through and busted us. oops!). Cassie knit 2 rows of the mini sock then i took a turn and knit 2 rows. we alternated all the way through the heel flap before it was time to close. Cassie was going to finish it up today. perhaps i'll get a pic of it this week...........

I think that's about it for now.... I'm planning some book scarves and a sheep, we'll see if that happens....

I'm off for dinner and knitting through a movie with Beth and Madalene....
Ta for now.
happy knitting!

No comments: