This has been a very long and occassionally exciting week.
My birthday was last weekend, and as usual, my friends made it worth being another year older. The tattoo is healing beautifully. I'm so happy that I got it. It is perfect for me. A bit bigger than I originally intended, but then again, so is the place where it is located!
Saturday was my first spinning day. I sat at my LYS for 5 hours and spun my practice roving. It looked great! and it was holding up!
until I got it home.
As soon as Madalene wasn't there, it started to pull apart every time I went to spin it. So I put it down for a couple of days (or a week) to let the process sink in before I try it again.
Here is what I have done though. Isn't it pretty!
You can't really see it very well, but I'm proud of myself. I'll get better eventually. And Saturday mornings are now going to be for spinning.
I'm trying to decide what to do with it. maybe another little pet, seeing as it is my first spinning. maybe some wrist warmers. although, it might almost be enough for a lovely scarf.
I do have quite a bit more of this white to do before i get to the pretty colors that are sitting and screaming at me from my stash. Pinks and purples. I can never resist the pinks and purples.
Sunday was my birthday. and Mom gave me the Blessing Basket that I requested around Christmas time. I love it!
such pretty colors. And it holds my spinning, my Trekking socks, and my sweater project!! Now all I need is a liner for it. I almost lost a sock needle the other night as it slid through one of the holes. We can't have that now, can we.
My work week went about as slow as it possibly could. I can't tell you how thankful I was for Thursday to roll around again. Knit Night was rather tame this week. A couple of girls finished some big projects. A few started some interesting things. I helped Bella start some hunting socks for her hubby.
And then the sweater project came out..... neither Madalene nor I had the brain power to deal with it, but Cassie wants to see me finish it and insisted.
I pulled it out. I hadn't worked on the body in over a week. I started a sleeve (which I pulled out last night due to the fact that I somehow had 20 extra stitches! how does one get 20 extra stitches?!?!?!?!?!?). Well, we looked at it and drew it out 10 times. Then we did it again. After 30 minutes we finally figured out what they wanted. our mistake . . . . . read to the end of the pattern FIRST, especially when you are trying to adapt it to make it seamless. We couldn't figure out why the back was supposed to be so much longer than the front! nor could we figure out which way the armhole decrease were supposed to go. We got it eventually. and i went home and finished it. Now it is just waiting for me to finish the sleeves so i can add them on and start the fun part, the yoke.
well, sleeves here I come. no extra 20 stitches this time!
and I read the whole pattern first! lets see if this goes a little smoother this time.....
well, as smoothe as smoothe can be for me anyways
ta for now.