Monday, September 17, 2007

Forever and a Day

It seems like it has been forever and a day since I updated this blog. Well, any of my blogs for that matter. (my computer screen died and so did my fix for it.... i have to wait atleast 4 months to afford a new one!)
Realistically, it has only been 4 months and 9 days since i posted here!
Since then, I've actually made some progress.
I finished the pink tank top. I wore it on my trip and at least once a week since then.
I plan to buy a beautiful eggplant yarn and make another one....... or maybe 5......

I frogged the yellow sweater. when i tried the 24 inches of stocking knit in the round (plus 2 sleeves) it was 4 inches too big around.
yuck
i don't love it so much anymore.

it is now 1/3 of the Combo Corset-T from Knitty Gritty.
Two of the girls from knit-night have finished it so it's my turn.
I'm currently on the never ending ribbing. But I am absolutely looking forward to using the Cascade Fun that I bought for the edging.... if only it weren't crochet!!!!!

I finished the first of the jaywalker socks and am stalled on the foot of the second. I have until November 1st to finish them (more about that later!)

I also started my first pair of toe up socks.
I used Angelica... remember her... the beautiful pink and black and grey?
I love her. And i'm making ankle socks in hopes that i can squeeze out a very tiny pair for my mum for Christmas.
The toe up is GREAT!!!! I absolutely wish i could make all my socks like that for eternity.
I know that will never happen. you may ask "How could you possibly know this?!?"
(sarcasm really doesn't come out very well on a blog, you know. must fix that...)

that was a very poor lead into the fact that we at knit night have recently decided to start a monthly sock along.
the theory is that the new people can get plenty of help without bugging Madelene too much.
we can all work on some wonderful socks for ourselves and our loved ones.
we can make fun new patterns.
and most importantly, we can start making a dent on our stash!
yeah, like we aren't going buy new yarn EVERY month!

well, since October, our first month, is the plain vanilla from the yarn harlot, and i get too bored and don't finish the second plain vanilla, i'm going to finish my jaywalker AND Angelica.
both second socks MUST be finished by Halloween.
hmmmm, think I can do it?

i'm not so sure.............


anyways, HAPPY KNITTING!!!

No comments: