Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Belated Happy Turkey Day to YOU!

Well, another holiday has come and gone. We gave thanks for our family, our friends, our pets and the many blessings we have been given... and are still to receive. This year we give thanks for the time we have been given with those we loved, and have lost. We give thanks for the time that remains with all those hold closest to our hearts. For the food on our over-flowing table. And the finally-no-longer-leaking roof over our heads.

I gave special thanks to my knitting and spinning
For the peace of mind and glimpse of sanity it restores every night.
For the warmth it bestows on my toes and hands and neck and other bits.
And for the huge dent in my paycheck it leaves behind... I can't forget that.

And how better to show my gratitude than to finish a project (my Angelica socks), buy new yarn (more Snow Leopard Trust Handspun Camel), and to start spinning new roving (next bobbin of llama).

And another special note of thanks. To Casey, Jesse, and of course to Bob. For the miracle of Ravelry. For the friends you've given me, my swap partner, the new yarns and patterns you've encouraged. The new techniques I intend to try.... and for Morgana. I can never thank you enough.

No comments: