Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Morning Reflection

Well, it is Saturday.
the end of yet another week.
work is crazy.
the people in this house are crazy.
my friends are crazy.
nothing out of the ordinary.
which is why i've been knitting up a storm.

it is the only constant in my life right now.
that is, other than the insanity.
it is often the only thing i can make absolute esnes out of.

i put the needle through a loop.
i wrap the yarn around the needle.
i pull the yarn through the loop.
i make a stitch.
then i do it again.
and again.
and again.
until i have finished a row.
then i do it again.
until i can see an inch of work.

it grows.
it changes.
in ways that i can actually see.

if i don't like it.
i change it.
or i pick up a different project.
and do the same thing.
until my eyes hurt.
and i put on my glasses.
and do it again.
and again.
and again.

nothing else gives me the pleasure.
or the solitude.
even in a room full of people.
knitting grounds me.

it keeps me from pulling my hair out.
or strangling someone.
or screaming at the top of my lungs.

i think that i must leave you now.
there is a temper tantrum crashing up the stairs.
i think i need to knit.

No comments: